- Thoroughly clean a 1-litre glass jar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded Brussel sprouts, thinly sliced shallots and radishes, and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the paste. Combine the grated apples, minced garlic, grated ginger, and gochugaru chilli flakes. Mix until well combined.
- Add the paste to the bowl of sliced veggies. Use your hands to massage the paste into the veggies, ensuring that everything is well coated. Add salt to taste.
- Once the veggies are well coated, pack them tightly into your clean jar. Press down firmly to remove any air bubbles and ensure the mixture is submerged in its own liquid.
- Seal the jar and store it in a cool, dark place to ferment for 5 to 7 days. Check daily to ensure the veggies are still submerged, pressing down if necessary.
- After the fermentation period, taste your Sproutchi. If it’s tangy and to your liking, move it to the fridge to halt further fermentation
- Your Festive Sproutchi is ready to serve! Enjoy it as a side dish or as a topping on your favourite meals.
Remember to always use clean utensils when handling your ferment to prevent unwanted bacteria from spoiling your Sproutchi!