- 70g Plain White Flour
- 30g Cornflour
- Pinch of Salt
- 100g Cold, Carbonated Water
- Vegetables of your choice
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine 70g of plain white flour, 30g of cornflour, and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually add 100g of cold, carbonated water to the flour mixture. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 160 C.
- Dip your chosen vegetables into the batter, ensuring they are fully coated. Shake off any excess batter. Battered vegetables need to go immediately in the preheated oil after dipping.
- Carefully add the battered vegetables to the hot oil. Fry until they are golden and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables from the oil. Drain them on kitchen paper before serving.
Enjoy your homemade vegetable tempura!