- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of mirin
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with a clean towel. Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes.
- Place the tofu cubes in a bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss gently until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the tofu cubes and cook until they are golden brown on all sides. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, and mirin to make the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into the same pan over medium heat. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add the cooked tofu back into the pan. Toss gently to coat all the pieces with the marinade. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the glazed tofu warm. It pairs well with steamed rice and vegetables.
Note: You can also use an Air Fryer instead of a pan