Ingredients Chicken Wings and Vegetables:
- If using a pressure cooker, first prepare the chicken wings by cleaning and optionally scoring the skin for better flavor absorption.
- Cut the vegetables into large chunks suitable for simmering.
- Place the chicken wings and vegetables into the pressure cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together equal parts soy sauce, sugar, sake, and mirin, and then add some special soup stock, usually dashi. The exact amounts will depend on personal taste and the quantity of chicken and vegetables.
- Pour the mixed seasoning over the chicken and vegetables until partially covered.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook according to its instructions until both the chicken and vegetables are tender.
Ingredients Stir-fried Komatsuna with Onions, Eggs, and Beef:
- Slice the onions and wash and chop the komatsuna into bite-sized pieces.
- In a skillet or wok, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced beef to the skillet and stir-fry until it starts to brown
- Push the beef to the side of the skillet and crack the eggs into the pan. Scramble the eggs and mix with the beef.
- Add the sliced onions and continue to stir-fry until they begin to soften.
- Add the chopped komatsuna and stir-fry until the leaves wilt and everything is well combined.
- Season the mixture with Jane’s Krazy Mixed-Up Salt or an alternative salt mix to taste.