All ingredients at room temperature
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter, wheat flour, and cornmeal until it turns into a crumbly mixture.
- Add the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Finally, add the beaten egg and milk. Mix on low speed until everything is combined.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and portion it according to the mold you’re using. Use about 15-20g of dough per tart.
- Roll the dough into a ball and flatten it in your hand to wrap around your chosen filling, which should already be prepared and portioned into 5 to 10 g balls depending on the size of the mini tart.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 8 to 10 minutes. When the tart is golden brown, with the bottom slightly caramel-colored, it’s ready.
- Carefully remove the tarts from the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack with the help of a spatula.
- Once cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container. They will last about 20 days, depending on the moisture of the filling used.
- You can make a large tart if you prefer, but mini tarts are recommended for their individual serving size.
- For the filling, you can use your creativity. The choice of filling can greatly influence the flavor of the tart.